How to change an expired password in a Key Database (KDB) file using the
runmqakm command-line tool, you can follow these steps:
- Open a command prompt or terminal.
- Navigate to the directory where the
runmqakmtool is located. The exact location may vary depending on your system and IBM MQ installation.
- Use the
runmqakmcommand with the
-keydboption to specify the KDB file, the
-alteroption to modify the password, and the
-typeoption to specify the type of the key database. Here’s the command syntax
runmqakm -keydb -alter -db <kdb_file> -type cms -old_pw <old_password> -new_pw <new_password>
<kdb_file>with the path to the KDB file. Provide the
<new_password>to change the password.
- Enter the old password when prompted. If the old password has expired, you may receive a message indicating the expiration and asking for the current password.
- Enter the new password when prompted and confirm it.
- If the password change is successful, you should see a confirmation message.