There are mainly 2 types of MQ HA setups used in the organisations.
There are many difference between both the setups. Some of them are as listed below:
1.Active/Standby setup [ multi instance ]
- It uses a network shared file system.
- It comes with the regular MQ package.
- No additional cost for license.
2.Active/Passive [Using Pace-maker/ GPFS ..etc]
- It replicates data between qmgrs.
- It has DR/HA setups.
- Additional cost for advanced MQ feature.
You can find more details on the setups from the below documentation.
Choosing a particular HA MQ setup always depends on customer needs and business requirements. MQ support cannot comment on which one to go for.
If you would need a more detailed assessment for your HA set up requirement, then check with Professional services from IBM .